Click here now to check out our new self-defence for kids website!
Our Junior Program
Give your child a massive advantage in life…
As parents, we all want our children to grow up to be healthy, happy and successful young adults. Our hearts soar when we can see that they are enjoying life to the fullest and our hearts become heavy when they are being bullied or mistreated in some way. It is the sum of all our experiences as children that shapes us into who we are as adults.
Arakan Martial Art® is not just about kicking or striking, it goes beyond the physical. Our goal is to empower children. Not only do they learn practical self-defence skills, they also gain self-confidence, empowerment, focus and awareness. Attributes which will transition into greater areas of their life as they transition into adulthood.
At Arakan Martial Art®, we consider it our pleasure and privilege to be given the opportunity to guide your children towards greater levels of empowerment, self confidence, emotional, mental and physical strength.
Statistics show that 1 in 3 children are being bullied. Those are frightening statistics. Chances are your child is being bullied or knows someone who is. Studies show that what happens to a child and their quality of life during their early developmental phase has a significant impact on their adult lives. The effects of being bullied over a period of time can be significant and that may not be something that the child will ‘just get over’, or ‘grow out of’ without some action taken.
At Arakan Martial Art, we are not about racing your children through belts (although we do have a belt system), nor is it about collecting medals in competitions. We are not here to turn your child into an aggressive, fighting machine. Along their journey, your child will gain the ability to look after themselves in practical situations, gain incredible amounts of focus, coordination, self confidence and fitness. We are here to guide you child toward empowerment physically, mentally and emotionally.
There is no age barrier to training Arakan Martial Art®. We have students as young as 3 years of age learning Arakan Martial Art® and are still training well into their 20s.
Please click here to get your child started today.
Self Defence for Children
We all educate our children against potential dangers. We tell them not to speak with stranger’s, get too close to their care or accept lollies from them etc. However, children learn experientially, so unless a child has experienced these encounters, then they may not understand the seriousness or repercussions. Role playing is an essential part to a child gaining and retaining new skills.
This video illustrates the importance of giving children practical awareness education.
At Arakan Martial Art® we teach response to stimulus type training, role playing and teaching children appropriate responses that are effective in ‘real life situations’.
By training Arakan Martial Art® your child will:
- have fun and make new friends,
- become assertive, not aggressive,
- increase situational and environmental awareness,
- learn practical and effective self-defence skills,
- gain self-confidence, empowerment, focus and awareness,
- learn skills and techniques to ensure their safety and wellbeing,
- learn skills to remain calm in heightened situations,
- learn to diffuse and divert a potential situation,
- learn to control any situation should it escalate, effectively and efficiently,
- increase health and fitness,
- learn to manage stressful situations,
- improve mental focus and concentration,
- gain a greater understanding of body movement and mechanics,
- improve hand eye coordination and speed,
- increase self-motivation and self-discipline,
- increase team motivation and building,
- increase levels of self-respect and respect for others,
- develop greater levels of patience,
- develop greater levels of discipline,
- become fitter, stronger and healthier,
- develop leadership skills,
- be less likely to bend to peer pressure and have the strength to say ‘NO’ when appropriate and have the courage to say ‘YES’ when appropriate.
Arakan has been a trusted provider of self-defence training to a number of schools, service industries, hospitals, doctors, nurses, professionals and other organisations for over 25 years.
We believe that every child has the right to feel safe and secure at all times. Our goal is to empower children and enable them to be equipped with skills and techniques to ensure their safety and wellbeing. We provide a safe, friendly and fun environment where students can learn self-protection techniques, empowerment, confidence, focus and discipline.
Arakan Martial Art® has been a trusted provider of self-defence and awareness training to a number of schools, service industries, universities, doctors, specialists, professionals and other organisations for over 25 years.
Since 1993, we have had the privilege of teaching in numerous schools including:
- Coomera Anglican College, QLD
- Miami State High School, QLD
- Helensvale State High School, QLD
- Broadbeach Primary School, QLD
- Bond University, QLD
- Griffith University, QLD
- Upper Coomera State College, QLD
- Coomera Anglican School, QLD
- All Saints Anglican School, QLD
- AB Paterson College, QLD
- Robina State School, QLD
- Robina State High School, QLD
- Miami High School, QLD
- Merrimac AASC, QLD
- St Stephen’s College, QLD
- Brisbane Central State School, QLD
- Kings Christian College, QLD
- Kenmore State School, QLD
- St Andrew’s Lutheran AASC, QLD
- Emmanuel College, QLD
- Springwood Road State School, QLD
- The Southport School, QLD
- Pimpama State Secondary College, QLD
- Somerset College, QLD
- St Hilda’s School, QLD
- Coombabah State School, QLD
- Varsity Lakes College, QLD
- Southport State High School, QLD
- Brookside College, VIC
- Carlton Gardens Primary School, VIC
- Sydney Boys High School, NSW
- Tweed Heads Public School, NSW
- Coogee Preparatory School, NSW
- Cottesloe Primary School, WA
- Mindarie Primary School, WA
Arakan also teaches the following After School Care Programs:
- Benowa Early Learning Centre (Pre-Kindy, Kindy and After School Programs)
- Elanora Children’s Activities Group Inc
- Merrimac Outside School Hours Care
All Instructors hold a "Working with Children Suitability Cards" for child related employment (Blue Card).
Arakan Martial Art® self-defence classes and personal training private lessons are available. We offer a complimentary one hour private lesson to assess your child, their needs and create a program based on that assessment.
Please click here to get your child started today.