Give your child a massive advantage in life, with Arakan Martial Art®
At Arakan Martial Art® we are passionate about empowering children and consider it our pleasure and privilege to be given the opportunity to guide your child towards greater levels of self-awareness, self-confidence, empowerment, discipline and focus as well as practical self-defence skills and techniques.
We all want the very best for our children and for them to grow up to be healthy, happy and successful young adults.
We are here to guide, coach, mentor and teach your child Arakan Martial Art®. It goes well beyond the physical of just learning to kick and strike. By training Arakan Martial Art® your child will learn to:
- have fun and make new friends
- become assertive, not aggressive
- increase situational and environmental awareness
- learn practical and effective self-defence skills
- gain self-confidence, empowerment, focus and awareness
- learn skills and techniques to ensure their safety and wellbeing
- learn skills to remain calm in heightened situations
- learn to diffuse and divert a potential situation
- learn to effectively and efficiently control any situation should it escalate
- increase health and fitness
- learn to manage stressful situations
- improve mental focus and concentration
- gain a greater understanding of body movement and mechanics
- improve hand eye coordination and speed
- increase self-motivation and self-discipline
- increase team building and motivation
- increase levels of self-respect and respect for others
- develop greater levels of patience
- develop greater levels of discipline
- become fitter, stronger and healthier
- develop leadership skills
- be less likely to bend to peer pressure
- have the strength to say ‘NO’ and the courage to say ‘YES’.
Your child will have an opportunity to learn and develop their ‘street smart’ skills and awareness in a nurturing, positive, creative and fun environment. Attributes which will transition into greater areas of their life as they mature into adulthood.
There is no age barrier to training Arakan Martial Art®. We have students starting as young as three years of age who are still training with us well into their twenties.
For more information on our Junior Program please click here to visit our Arakan for Kids website.
All Instructors hold a Working with Children Suitability Cards for child related employment (Blue Card).
Self-Defence for Children
We all educate our children against potential dangers. We tell them not to speak with strangers, get too close to their car or accept lollies from them. Children however, learn experientially, so unless a child has experienced these encounters, they won’t generally understand the seriousness or repercussions of them - no matter how much we try to tell them. Role playing is an essential part to a child gaining and retaining new skills.
This video illustrates the importance of giving children practical awareness education.
At Arakan Martial Art® we teach your child to adapt to many situations and environments, allowing them to become more dynamic and capable of ensuring their own safety. This experiential type training is conducted in a safe and controlled environment that enables your child to practice their ‘street smart’ skills to ingrain their response.
At Arakan Martial Art® we offer both self-defence classes and personal training lessons. Every new student - children and adults alike - receives a complimentary one hour private lesson to assess their needs so we can better create a program that’s based on that assessment.