Click here now to check out our now self-defence for kids website!
Our Junior Program
Give your child a massive advantage in life…
As parents, all we ask for our children is that they are healthy, happy and well adjusted. Our hearts soar when we can see that they are enjoying life to the fullest and our hearts become heavy when they are being bullied or mistreated in some way.
We understand that the quality of life a child receives during his/her early period will have a significant impact on their adult lives. We understand that the effects of being bullied regularly for a period of time can be significant and that may not be something that the child will ‘just get over’, or ‘grow out of’ without some action taken.
We are not here to turn your child into an aggressive, fighting machine (although he/she will have the ability to comprehensively look after himself if he needs to), we are here to guide you child toward empowerment physically, mentally and emotionally.
Self Defence for Children
You may verbally educate your children on the topic of danger, tell them not to go near stranger’s cars or accept lollies from strangers etc. However, unless a child learns these skills experientially, that is by role playing and practicing the appropriate responses, he or she will not be effective in a real life situation. We are super passionate about teaching children how to look after themselves by becoming aware of potentially threatening situations and how to avoid them.
This video illustrates the importance of giving children practical awareness education.
By training Arakan Martial Art® your child will:
- Have fun and make new friends
- Become assertive, not aggressive
- Increase his/her ability to focus
- Develop greater levels of confidence
- Develop greater levels of patience
- Develop greater levels of discipline
- Develop greater levels of ability to learn
- Develop a greater ability to concentrate for longer periods of time
- Become fitter, stronger and healthier
- Develop leadership skills
- Be less likely to bend to peer pressure and have the strength to say ‘NO’ when appropriate and have the courage to say ‘YES’ when appropriate
- Develop practical skills to protect him/herself in real life situations
Safety is our number 1 priority! Your child will learn and develop in a nurturing, positive environment.
All Instructors hold "Suitability Cards" for child related employment (Blue Card).
For children aged 4-13 years of age.
Arakan Martial Art self defence classes and private lessons are availabst.