Ladies Self Defence
Arakan Martial Art® is passionate about helping ladies become more empowered and confident, whilst learning fast and effective self defence techniques that will keep you and your loved ones safe.
You will learn to move your body in very dynamic ways and use your opponent’s size and energy against themselves; meaning you do not need size or brute strength to be able to protect yourself effectively. By developing a greater understanding of body weight, momentum and moving with the path of least resistance, you will learn to produce your movements with precision, speed, power and flow. A distinct advantage against an attacker who may be perceivably bigger and stronger than you.
Our goal for you to achieve at training Arakan Martial Art® is some of the following:
- increase situational and environmental awareness,
- learn practical and effective self-defence skills,
- gain self-confidence, empowerment, focus and awareness,
- learn skills and techniques to ensure the safety and wellbeing of yourself and loved ones,
- learn skills to remain calm in heightened situations,
- learn to diffuse and divert a potential situation,
- learn to control any situation should it escalate, effectively and efficiently,
- increase your health and fitness,
- learn to manage stressful situations and levels,
- improve mental focus and concentration,
- gain a greater understanding of body mechanics,
- improve hand eye coordination and speed, and
- increase self-motivation and self-discipline.
Our Gold Coast location has two full time female Instructors available, one available in Melbourne and one available in Sydney.
You can choose if you prefer to train with a male or female instructor!
Arakan Martial Art® is not a competition based style, so you will not be fighting or competing against another student. Our focus is fast and effective self-defence techniques. Arakan Martial Art® as a club provides a safe environment for everyone to come together and learn self-defence skills and techniques, whilst increasing overall health and well-being.
We have both male and female instructors to guide you along your Arakan journey and we will do our best to match you with the best Instructor to help nurture and inspire you. Get started today!
Click on the video to hear feedback from some of our female members...