Please note : Group classes are currently not running until further notice due to current COVID-19 restrictions. Private lessons and Skype/Zoom lessons are still available
Group Self Defence Classes
Arakan Martial Art® group self defence classes are available to further enhance your journey and are an excellent way to supplement your personal training lessons. We provide a safe, friendly and fun environment where you will learn effective self-protection techniques, empowerment, confidence, focus and discipline.
Group classes are suitable for all fitness levels and will help you increase your conditioning and skills to remain calm in heightened situations. Groups will work together in unison, encouraging one another, building awareness, skill sets, techniques and threshold to deal with many ‘real life’ scenarios, in a supportive and safe environment. Not only do you learn practical skills, you will also gain greater focus and awareness.
You will be inspired training with fellow members who are fun, dedicated and positive. You will feel connected to many great people and you may even make life-long friends. You will feel incredible levels of camaraderie and gain real results.
Members do not compete against each other; you will not be asked to compete or ‘fight’ against your training partners, however you will learn to develop greater self awareness and situational awareness and learn to adapt your techniques in a group environment.
You will learn to protect yourself fast and efficiently and have the opportunity to learn to strike and defend in any distance and from various angles. You may also have the opportunity to learn to defend yourself against multiple attackers and other ‘real life’ scenarios, making group training a must for all members.
During Group Self Defence classes you will have the opportunity to develop some of the following:
- learn practical and effective self-defence skills,
- learn skills and techniques to ensure your safety and wellbeing,
- increase self-awareness,
- increase situational awareness,
- learn skills to remain calm in heightened situations,
- learn to diffuse and divert a potential situation,
- dynamic footwork
- effective striking and kicking
- devastating strikes, joint locks and holds
- improve physical conditioning to manage situations more effectively
- improve mental focus and concentration,
- gain a greater understanding of body mechanics and energy slings,
- improve coordination,
- increase health and fitness, and
- defence against multiple attackers
- close quarters techniques
- diffuse potentially threatening situations
- protection techniques to look after your partner and/or friend
- manage the physical, emotional and mental intensity of being potentially ‘attacked’.
Our group classes are based on each member’s skill level and experience so you will be comfortable knowing that your training partners are at a similar level as you are.
The social aspect of group lessons is where members support each, grow together and help each other on their journey. You will be part of an amazing group where all members are helping each other grow and where all members care for each other whilst helping to bring out the best in one another.
Arakan Martial Art® will teach you to adapt too many situations and environments, enabling you to become more dynamic, adaptable and capable of ensuring the safety and wellbeing of yourself and loved ones; through both personal training private lessons and group classes.
Lessons are available in a large number of areas around Sydney
, the Gold Coast