Arakan Martial Art® group self-defence classes are available to further enhance your journey and are an excellent way to supplement your personal training lessons. We provide a safe, friendly and fun environment where you learn effective self-protection techniques, empowerment, confidence, focus and discipline.
Group lessons are available in a large number of areas around Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, the Gold Coast and Perth. They are suitable for all fitness levels and help you increase your conditioning and skills to remain calm in heightened situations.
The group classes promote working in unison, encouraging one another, building awareness, and increasing skill sets, techniques and thresholds for dealing with many real life scenarios. They provide a supportive and safe environment for not only learning practical skills, but gaining greater focus and awareness too. In these classes you will be training with inspiring fellow members who are fun, dedicated and positive. Group classes give you incredible levels of camaraderie whilst facilitating connections with many great people who often turn into life-long friends.
Members do not compete or fight against each other, but instead learn to develop greater self and situational awareness as they adapt their techniques in a group environment.
You learn to protect yourself fast and efficiently, with the opportunity to learn how to strike and defend at any distance and from various angles. Group classes can even give you the opportunity to learn how to defend yourself against multiple attackers and other real life scenarios, making group training a must for all members.
During group self-defence classes you have the opportunity to develop some of the following:
- learn practical and effective self-defence skills
- learn skills and techniques to ensure your safety and wellbeing
- increase self-awareness
- increase situational awareness
- learn skills to remain calm in heightened situations
- learn to defuse and divert a potential situation
- dynamic footwork
- effective striking and kicking
- devastating strikes, joint locks and holds
- improve physical conditioning to manage situations more effectively
- improve mental focus and concentration
- gain a greater understanding of body mechanics and energy slings
- improve coordination
- increase health and fitness
- defence against multiple attackers
- close quarter techniques
- defuse potentially threatening situations
- protection techniques to look after your partner and friends
- manage the physical, emotional and mental intensity of being potentially attacked.
Our group classes are based on each member’s skill level and experience, so you can feel comfortable knowing your training partners are at a similar level as you.
The social aspect of group lessons is also invaluable. Members offer support, grow together, and help each other on their journey. You will be part of an amazing group where members foster growth in each other as they continually work to bring out each other’s best.
Arakan Martial Art® uses personal training, private lessons, and group classes to teach you how to adapt to many situations and environments, enabling you to become more dynamic, adaptable and capable of ensuring the safety and wellbeing of yourself and your loved ones.